Thursday, November 21, 2013

Miss Kellie bakes Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins

Okay, maybe I just made them for me and my parents ^.^

Yesterday night, I suddenly got the cravings to bake! Not necessarily to eat, but prancing around the kitchen with flower smudged on my cheeks is always fun.

I went to my Pinterest board, La cuisine, and found a fun recipe that I hadn't tried yet: Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins!


I just adored the texture of these donut muffins. Part of it is the shortening/flower ratio, I believe, but also when the recipe says to alternate between combining the milk and the dry ingredients to the shortening mixture, I combined in very small increments. It took awhile, but was totally worth it.

The recipe makes 32 mini muffins, but instead I made 12 standard-sized muffins and increased the baking time to 21 minutes. They don't brown at the top when done, so it was a little difficult at first, but the toothpick trick proved itself! If you don't know the toothpick trick: When you insert a toothpick into your cake/muffin/cupcake in the center, it should come out clean and dry. 


( This shot was really just an excuse to show you my cute strawberry phone case hehe )

I had them with chai tea last night and this morning they were delicious warmed up with iced coffee and jam. I wish I had peach jam, but we were all out, so I settled with apple butter and mandarin preserves. 

Here you can check out my instagram videos of the process!





2 comments: